Here’s my new favorite recipe and I’ve been eating it daily! Cauliflower can often be a forgotten vegetable since so much time is spent on making sure we eat our greens. Cauliflower is a great one to add into your diet when you aren’t eating many grains. This recipe is sure to please all palettes- vegetarians and carnivores alike. This one finishes with a blast of lemony curry. Another option is chipotle and lime. The possibilities are endless.
Using a cast iron skillet is ideal for this recipe, and serve with a steak knife!
1 large head cauliflower
3+ Tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 Tablespoons cilantro
1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1) Slice a head of cauliflower in 1/2 inch slabs, cutting into the middle with the stalk on the bottom. Some florets will fall off- just save those for another use.
2) Make your pan sizzling hot, then melt coconut oil.
3) Place a slice of cauliflower in the oil and sear for 3 minutes until browned- sprinkle a few pinches of salt on top.
4) Carefully flip to brown the other side and add a few pinches of salt. You may need to add a bit more oil to the pan.
5) Move the slice to the side of the pan, or in another pan saute the onion in more coconut oil. Sprinkle curry powder on top of the onion and keep it sauteing on medium high heat.
6) When onion is carmelized and cauliflower is seared (4 min), off heat and squeeze lemon juice on the onion mixture.
7) With a metal spatula, lift cauliflower on to your plate and top with onion mixture and top with cilantro and a few pinches of salt.